If you’ll ask me to list more than that, I’ll do that too! However, I really want to save my energy for rest of the challenge and want to ensure that I be one of the most active participant of this 31 days to build a better blog challenge. In this task, Darren has asked everyone to create a list post and I thought that what will be better than writing a list post that highlights reasons to join this wonderful challenge!
1. Darren is the best blogging guru – The amount of experience Darren has in Blogging is amazing. The business he runs is all around blogging and even founded B5 Media, one of the biggest blog networks on internet. So, all the teaching that he’s asking you to do in these 31 days will only help you in improving the blog.
2. You want to improve your blog – I think its a no-brainer. We all make mistakes and forget on few points and this is a wonderful opportunity to improve the blog.
3. You get to network – In recent Tweet, Darren said that he got more than 1300 comments on two task posts till this time. Now, if you can go and talk to those bloggers and be part of the conversation, you’ll be able to find out some wonderful blogs in your niche and thus will be able to connect better.
4. Grow your business – One can make money from blogs and if things are done in right way, then the money involved in it is huge. If you have some service to promote then you’ll be able to do it if you start networking in right way. [caution - don't spam].
5. Opportunity to partner – You’ll find lots of like minded people and there is a very good possibility that out of 10,000 bloggers you’ll find many who’ll be ready to partner with you in some way or the other. So go find your partners :) The collaborative e-book that you can download has my post in which I specify the power of partnering.
6. Traffic will increase – I remember seeing a tweet where a person who’d already completed this task say that he got over 250 hits on his list post. Isn’t that cool?
7. Your blog will get new readers – Even if you get 100 regular readers out of those 10,000 bloggers. Will you not be active in the forums or that community? Also find out that how to get constant growth in number of subscribers!
8. Better experience for your readers – You’ll get to learn so much from this challenge and you’ll be able to improve your blog. An improved blog will only show that you care about your blog and your readers as you want to ensure that they read the best stuff.
9. Improve the SEO – There are so many blogs who are taking part in this challenge and they are blogging about it just the way I am and if your content will be compelling then you’ll surely attract many linkbacks. You should be see it as a huge opportunity to improve your blog and if you can’t see it, then you really need to think about it.
10. We’ll be coming up with a contest – Ok! this one’s a secret. I’ll be revealing more about it when forums will be setup by Darren. We’ll have a contest that I’m working on and will have cool prizes to give away and it will be available for those bloggers who’ll be active in those forums.
If still you are not convinced that you should be part of that challenge then here’s this one more simple reason – It’ll be fun! So join it and participate as much as you can!