Link backs are one of the most important factor in the search engine rankings and that’s what most of the SEO focus on when they try to improve the search engine rankings. There are many guides on how to build link backs and they are effective as well. I used various types of link building techniques as I always wanted to rank good for some of the wonderful keywords which drive lots of relevant traffic to Blog Design Studio. Here are the techniques which I used to build the link backs -
1. Do follow blogs – There are lot of blogs which have the policy of Do-follow in the comments section. Do follow links are those which pass the link juice (actual link back) and one should make use of them by leaving relevant comments. Here is the directory of blogs which have Do follow in comments.
2. Blogs with top commentators plugin – There are many blogs which have got Top commentator plugin installed and if any blog which is in your niche and has top commentator plugin, then you should take part in the community and try to come up as the top commentator. The link will stay on for weeks and that should be good enough, as it is generally a site-wide link (i.e. it appears on each and every page of that blog).
3. Hold some contest – If you can start a contest and if at all you can have a good prize to give away then you will surely attract lot of link backs.
4. Be the sponsor – If you can be a sponsor of the contest then you get in a better situation as you won’t have to do the hard work and you can attract the link backs too.
5. Write attractive headline – An attractive headline with relative content will help you in gaining link back!
6. Give link to others – If you give out links, people will link to you. It’s like give and take method. It may work, it may not however remember that when it comes to giving link, it should be valuable for your readers.
7. Social bookmarks – There are lot of social bookmarking sites which have the do-follow links and I’ve written a quicky about it as well. Feel free to check out that how can you improve the search engine rankings using that.
8. Press releases – If you can do a press release, then it will help you in gaining good amount of link backs. Remember the press release has to be really good for that and should be news worthy too. OpenPR is one of the website where you can do a press release for free. Otherwise a Google search is always good way of finding cool resources.
9. Take part in community/forums – If you are active in forums (related to you niche) then if you drop link to your blog then it won’t hurt anyone. However, just ensure that you don’t fall in the spammer category.
10. Signatures – If you get active in forum, then don’t forget to put the link to your blog in your signature. They are generally do follow links.
11. Submission to link directories – There are many directories (again do a simple Google Search) which allow you to submit the blogs in the directories for free. I’m sure that itself can help you in gaining lot of link backs.
12. Publish articles – There are lot of article submission directories. EzineArticles.com is one of the most popular ones. Just submit an article and it will help you in generating lot of linkbacks.
13. Create a Squidoo page – Squidoo used to be one of the finest resource, however after the Google Slap, it may not be the best way of generating traffic, however still it’s one way of getting a free link back and you can always promote your services over there. Check out the page which I created – Why blog design is important for your blog ?
14. Guest blogging – If you can do a guest blog post, then you will get a link back in the post author profile section. If you can publish a good blog post on any of the popular blogs in your niche, then you may even get more link backs as high profile blogs generally get link backs on most of their blog posts.
15. Do Interviews – If you can do an interview with someone popular in your business, trade or any popular blogger then you may get a link back from them as they will generally inform on their own blog that they were interviewed by this person.
16. Give Interviews – If you get to set yourself as an authority then people take interviews from you, then you are surely going to get some free linkbacks. I was recently interviewed by Keith D’souza and Chetan.
17. Submit to Craiglist – If you offer some services from your blog or if you offer any service in particular then feel free to post about it in Craiglist. It’s one of the most reputed website on Google.
If you know any other free ways of building the link backs then feel free to share them here. It will not only help in making it as a wonderful resource but it will surely help all those who are interested in building free link backs. Isn’t it ?