I’ve been literally running away from my duties since long time now, one of them being that I should post daily on this blog and one of the cause was the writer’s block that I’m sure every blogger gets to see. Anyway, that was one of the mistakes that I did while running this blog, there have been other mistakes that I shouldn’t have done to ensure that this would have been one of the more recognized blog around the world. Anyway, here is the list of mistakes that I made while running this blog and if you’d be wise enough, you will not repeat the same mistakes.
1. Irregular Posts – This blog has done well enough compared to the amount of efforts that I’ve put to build the traffic and subscribers on this blog. What ever success that this blog has received has been because of some decent seo tricks and web usability tricks. Not that I’m happy with what I have right now, its just that I always wanted to see a bigger and active community around this blog and the biggest reason for that is that I’ve been very irregular with my blog posting.
2. Not taking care of the readers properly – I’m ashamed of myself for not taking care of all my readers by not giving the proper attention to this blog. There were times when a community started growing on this blog, however because of not getting the proper attention, it never really grew at a good pace.
3. Not promoting the blog properly – Another mistake that I did was not to write the social media focused article, that way I couldn’t bring the readers of same interest under one roof i.e. Blog Design Studio.
4. No Comments – I have to say that I’ve been a bad commenter. I completely believe in the power of comments, however being a silent reader I’ve not leveraged the power of comments. Not only that, I was even lazy to comment back on the comments that you guys left.
5. Relationship with readers – That’s another area that I should have worked on. This was one of the biggest reason because of which the community around Blog Design Studio couldn’t grow at all.
I realize my mistakes and I’m working hard on them to fix up these problem areas. In the next post I would mention that how I’m trying to counter these mistakes. Wish me luck!