We have made slight changes in our blog design. Changes are not cosmetic changes, however they are more related to the functions of our blogfolio (blog + portfolio)! The changes were made to keep few things in mind -
1. To ensure that changes help in SEO.
2. To increase the post frequency and to highlight good content across network.
3. To find out what exactly our readers expect from us.
1. To ensure that changes help in SEO – We’ve included Blog Design Studio in H1 Tag just below the recent posts section. This ensures that search engines understand the fact that we are focusing on Blog Design Studio. We are still not ranking as the no. 1 result for the terms Blog Design Studio in Google! Although, this change will surely help us getting on top.
Remember that good keywords should be always in Bold and whenever possible should be in H1 Tag.
2. What kind of content readers expect – We’ve setup a poll on this blog to ensure that we can get constant feedback from our readers that what exactly they would like to know and what exactly they expect from us. It’s a good practice to have a way of getting quick feedback.
3. Highlight good content – We’ve also included a Mini-blog in which we’ll regularly post some of the good posts which we see on blogging, design or the ones which talk about WordPress. This is a good way to ensure that we create this blog as a great resource under these niche.
What do you think about the changes, do you often think about similar kind of changes in your blogs too ?