Credit : WeFunction
Twitter is one of the biggest hits of the web at the moment and every one be it bloggers or web based companies can be found on Twitter. Twitter is supposed to be a Micro-blogging platform however, the way it’s been used by various people certainly takes it away from just a Micro-blogging platform.
Oh! I thought it was just a Micro-blogging platform, how are other’s using it?
1. Social Network : Many people out there are actually using it as a social network. They chat with friends, talk about their food habits and some times they sing songs in chorus too (Yeah, I’ve seen that happening)!
2. Find out Trends or conduct surveys : Darren Rowse, Chris Garrett generally ask various questions from their followers and try to find out trends in blogging (their niche) and come up with some interesting posts regularly. In a recent post, Darren asked question on Twitter & Plurk i.e. What is the # 1 reason that you blog ? and got various replies from his followers.
3. Replacement of Yahoo! Answers : I’ve seen people posting simple questions and get answers from their followers. I myself tried it, when I couldn’t find any Online Business Card Printing service in India and with in 2 mins. I’d received the reply from my followers and I could discover Printo.
4. Increase your business : Well, I’m not sure that how many people do it, but I use Summize to find out that who’s talking about WordPress themes in their tweets and if they are interested in getting a custom theme made, then I send them a marketing pitch and it has worked for me.
5. Get feedback & improve customer service : I would again post one of my experience here. Defensio – an excellent WordPress spam fighting tool wasn’t working properly and had a bad downtime. I simply ranted about it in Twitter and after half an hr. or so, I got an update from Defensio telling me that I can follow the Defensio’s status over at twitter. Now, that’s quite interesting, isn’t it ?
6. Improve your authority quickly : Because people ask questions and if you happen to follow a bunch of users with same interest and answer those questions frequently then you can build a good authority among people. If you submit links to wonderful articles and post quick thoughts about it, then also it will help you in building authority as people will realize that how passionate you are about that subject.
7. Hold contests pretty easily : Brian Clark ran a wonderful Twotery contest, in which he asked people to write a short story in 140 characters on Twitter and hundreds of Twitter users took part in it.
So, now you see that Twitter is actually not a Micro-Blogging platform. It’s more than that and it really depends on you that how you want to use it. So, how are you using Twitter and how it’s benefiting you ? If you know any other wonderful ways of using Twitter then do share it with us. And yes you can follow me on Twitter over here.