There are various ways of getting the donations from the readers, although the best way to do so is through PayPal. Not only PayPal is a pretty known but one of the most trusted services around the web too. It’s pretty simple to integrate the Donate through Paypal buttons on a WordPress blog. You just need to get the code, through which the button will be displayed.
How to integrate Paypal button into your WordPress blog ?
Here are the steps to perform the task -
1. Go to the following link : PayPal donation buttons. (if you fear about phishing then simply go to Paypal, login with you account details & then go to Merchant Services. Over there you’ll find Donations link under Key Features, click on it)
2. Login through your Paypal account (You won’t have to do it, if you followed that super long method!).
3. Fill the form accordingly & then choose Add more options.
4. If you want, you can create thank you page and thank them for giving the donations and customize the pages according to your needs.
5. Click on Create button.
Now once we’ve got the PayPal code in our hands, we have to integrate it in our blog. There are various places where we can display the donation button. However, it’s advisable if the button is displayed in Sidebar as if displayed above the post or below the post, it may look like that you are being desperate about the donation. Remember, it’s important to keep the reader experience in mind too.
In order to add the code to the blog, follow these steps :
1. Login to WordPress dashboard.
2. Go to Design->Widgets
3. Click on the Add in front of the Text widget.
4. In the right hand side, you’ll see the option of editing the newly added text widget. Click on edit and paste the HTML code, which we got and save the changes.
These simple steps will ensure that you’ll be able to display Donate through PayPal button on your WordPress blog without any issues. Otherwise if you want things to be even simple then you can always make use of ChipIn widgets which also display that how much money has been donated for the cause. This helps in generating the interest of the readers to donate some money as they see others are donating money for the cause.